Duties and Responsibilities: Brewers perform the following duties and responsibilities as per SOPs:
• Perform grain handling and milling, handle raw materials
• Follow explicit instructions when given
• Operate mash/lauter, boil kettle and whirlpool vessels.
• Maintain documentation as required by production, packaging and administrative teams.
• General brewhouse, cellar, and area cleaning.
• Assist in QA/QC program and conducting routine QC protocols.
• Monitor and manage fermentation, including taking and documenting daily readings.
• Perform vessel clean-in-place (CIP) procedures.
• Perform tank transfers and temperature adjustments, working with computer controlled system.
• Identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues with the brewhouse, cellar, packaging and related equipment.
Additional responsibilities as assigned – Chuckanut Brewery is a dynamic, world class, award winning company requiring each team member to occasionally perform tasks or shift work outside of their job description.
• Unwavering positive attitude and commitment to making the highest quality beer.
• Motivated, hard-working, and demonstrated ability to learn and follow standard operating procedures and schedules, comfortable with computer controls.
• Exceptional verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to efficiently manage competing priorities throughout the day while minimizing transition time between tasks.
• Ability to recognize and anticipate reaction to and perception of one’s own communications and the communications of others.
• Ability to learn and follow comprehensive hazard and safety programs.
• Ability to recognize maintenance issues.
• Working knowledge of raw materials, beer recipe design, and raw material performance throughout the brewing process.
• Ability to perform laboratory skills associated with milling and grain handling, cellar operations and wort production.
• Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including day, swing or night shifts.
Required Minimum Qualifications & Experience
• Professional training and certificate at a recognized institution with minimum of 1 years experience and/or a minimum of 2 years of experience in a production brewery or large brewpub.
• Comprehensive understanding of and experience operating, troubleshooting and resolving mechanical and other issues for standard production, cellaring, packaging and related equipment.
The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee in the position described to perform the position’s essential functions. Those physical demands include:
• Frequently sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, talk and hear, and stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
• Ability to lift and move up to 75 pounds and move kegs which may weigh up to 165 pounds using traditional lifting methods.
• Ability to be frequently exposed to wet conditions, strong and sometimes disagreeable odors and work with various chemicals safely and per standardized operating procedures.
• Ability to work near moving mechanical parts, to work in a moderate noise level using hearing protection, and to work in a cold environment.
Tell us about yourself and why you want to join our talented team of brewers in a cover letter. Don’t forget to include your resume then send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Line Cook / Dish/ Prep Cook
Seeking a hardworking line cook, prep and occasional dishwashing shift for Chuckanut Brewery & Kitchen. You should have a minimum of one year experience as a full service line cook, prep cook, or other relevant positions in a professional kitchen. We are a small, busy, locally-sourced & from-scratch restaurant specializing in fresh seafood, shellfish, brick-oven pizza, pub grub & sandwiches using fresh and seasonal ingredients.
-Strong prep & knife skills required, everyone does prep & works all stations on the line
-Speed & efficiency are expected & necessary, we are a very fast paced restaurant
-Sauté / Pizza experience a plus
-Experience working with raw meats & seafood important
-Attention to detail is very important
-Baking/dough-making experience a plus, but not required
-Competitive wages & good tips!
-We’re a tight knit team so a good attitude & no drama is a must!
Part- to full-time 10-20 hrs/week, days and nights
Our kitchen is open 11am-10pm so no early mornings or late nights!
Send your resume and a few sentences about yourself if you’d like to join our team at email@example.com